About the Company:
Our client, New York City-based, global-focused asset management firm with approximately $3 billion under management. The firm was founded in 2011 and has 22 full-time employees. The firm has managed hedge fund products since its inception and more recently launched a private equity product.
- Responsibilities cover all aspects of the firm’s accounting, operations, reporting, and compliance
- Will work directly with accounting, operations, and legal team
- Work closely with the administrator, prime brokers, auditor, tax advisor, legal counsel
- Responsible for accounting matters such as position and cash recs, working with the administrator on monthly accounting process, and ad hoc matters
- Operational responsibilities include trade lifecycle and P&L reconciliations
- Reporting responsibilities include performing internal daily, monthly, and ad hoc reporting to Founder, CFO, Controller, and Traders
- Involvement with ongoing and future high-level projects that would be expected of a growing company; current examples include onboarding of new PB and ISDA counterparties, enhancement of portfolio management system reporting, optimization of swap and tax positioning
- Continually liaise with industry experts around the company’s growing infrastructure and maintaining a best practice operation
- Help with investor reporting and investor requests
- Opportunity for growth with the demonstration of ability and continued growth of the firm
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting.
- 4 – 6 years of experience, preferably public/private in the background coming from a firm in the alternatives industry.
- Hedge Fund or Private Equity Fund Accounting / Valuations experience
- Proficiency with MS Excel and meticulous attention to detail are required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously are required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $110,000 – $150,000 total comp
- Great benefits program
- Generous 401K with a match