About the Company:
Our client, one of the largest privately held real estate firms in the world is looking for someone to join their Account Receivables Team. The Accounts Receivable Associate will provide financial, administrative, and clerical support by ensuring the company receives payments, properly records the transactions by posting receipts and resolving discrepancies according to established policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare, verify, and process billings for Intercompany services provided
- Enter data into our accounting software to create invoices,
- Ensure proper coding is obtained and verified
- Properly record, reconcile and apply cash to correct account
- Investigate and resolve any irregularities or inquiries from customers
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger monthly to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions and entering them into the general ledger or accounting software
- Ensure timely collection of payments for all outstanding invoices.
- Direct interaction with customers on collection matters and dispute resolution.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc reporting for upper management
- Special projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 2+ years work experience in Accounts receivable role
- Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Excellent data entry skills
- Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and Hubble reporting software a plus