About the Company:
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of New York’s fastest growing e-commerce pet startups. This start-up has hired best-in-class professionals due to their rapid growth and creative business model. To date, this company has raised over $80 million across four funding rounds from some of New York’s most well-known investors. They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their rapidly growing Finance Team. You will have the opportunity to cover multiple different areas working with C-Level Executives on a day to day as well as the founders of the company!
- Code and process all vendor invoices in a timely manner. Match product invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents, ensuring accuracy and approval
- Manage the AP inbox – respond to email inquiries of vendor activity, invoice status, past due issues, statement review, etc.
- Reconcile expense reports and code the expenses to the proper General Ledger code and department compliant with Travel Policy; ensure all receipts are attached, mileage is correct and approval signatures are valid.
- Ensure all vendor accounts are in good standing
- Reconcile vendor statements, and research/correct discrepancies
- Manage vendor files to ensure proper filing of current and prior year documents.
- Assist AP manager with identifying month-end accruals
- Provide support during annual and other audits, as required
- Works collaboratively with our internal teams (ops, people, marketing)
- Assist with ad hoc projects as requested
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in Accounts Payable
- Knowledgeable in AP automation systems preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and AP processes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (excel, word, etc.)
- Experience working with ERP and NetSuite a big plus
- Ability to maintain consistent attention to detail and accuracy, while balancing time constraints and deadlines
- Ability to work flexibly and learn quickly, while remaining focused on goals, in a fast-changing and high-growth environment
- Strong drive to be proactive, do research, think critically, and problem solve as appropriate when issues arise
- Basic skills in excel (v-look ups, pivot tables)
- Ability to interact and work effectively and professionally with internal teams and external contacts, in person and in writing
Compensation & Benefits:
- Compensation: $50,000 – $60,000
- EQUITY IN COMPANY!
- Competitive benefits
- Casual Dress Code
- Summer Fridays
- Bring your pet to the office