About the Company:
Our client is a multinational global law firm headquartered in New York City, NY. For over 140 years, our client provided legal advice to governments, financial institutions, and governmental organizations.
- Develop and edit Oracle reports, forms and ad hoc excel queries
- Develop, review, and launch business rules and calculation scripts in Oracle
- Develop, analyze, maintain, organize, and consolidate assigned departments/offices budget and forecast data schedules relating to headcount, billing rates, collections, salary, and operating expenses
- Assist Directors and Office Managers with the review and preparation of expense budgets and forecasts and ensure that the budget and forecast data submitted is reasonable and accurate.
- Respond to accounting/budgeting inquiries from individuals throughout the firm, including office/finance managers and their local accounting staff, managers of departments in New York, and individuals throughout the finance department
- Prepare monthly statistical and financial data variance analysis and write “executive-ready” explanations for expense variances between actual, forecast and budgeted results
- Create financial models that employ a large number of variables and analyze results
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of experience with Oracle EPM application
- Experience with programming Oracle business rules
- Experience with creating Oracle forms and reports
- Ability to analyze financial results to identify unusual trends and balances, and research such trends and balances
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles