About the Company:
Our client is team of investment bankers and accountants that grew out of a $400M New York based venture capital fund. The fund’s portfolio companies had CEOs with strong visions and operating experience, but lacked the technical financial experience to scale. Growth-stage companies needed a way to off-load the complex administrative burden of running a finance department and interfacing with their investors. After providing accounting and financial assistance for a firm’s successful $10M Series A raise, several other VC and buyside funds and firms began to seek out our assistance for FP&A support as well as transaction diligence. Our team has grown substantially and now provides high-touch accounting and CFO support to growth-stage companies nationwide from our New York headquarters.
Our client is looking for an exceptional individual to lead and grow our Transaction Services business. This will serve in a dual capacity by owning all client facing responsibilities for ongoing transaction services work and develop strategies to grow our transaction diligence footprint by expanding our client base within this business line.
The director will play a crucial role as the key point person on live acquisition diligence transactions. They will manage both the client and our staff accountant in creating the data books associated with the diligence work as well as any other final outputs. In this role you will establish yourself as the key financial resource helping to evaluate and validate the existing accounting associated with the target client. You will compile comprehensive data books to reveal risks and accounting adjustments associated with the acquisition and manage on-sites with both the potential purchaser and target to obtain thorough accounting and financial information.
Our expectation is for this individual to become the face and driving force of this business segment and be committed to not only servicing existing clients and transactions but also building future growth through winning new business. The ideal candidate has experience leading transaction diligence teams before and is able to effectively manage both clients and resources autonomously. They have a strong accounting background and can leverage their current skill set to work closely with both our internal team and external clients to execute and deliver a comprehensive financial analysis of a potential acquisition target. They are driven and entrepreneurial enough to not just want to complete client work, but also contribute to growth by directly selling new business and conveying our value and services to potential new clients. They are a persistent self-starter that gets excited about working with a diverse set of businesses as well as transactional work. They embrace ambiguity and are meticulous about the details.
- Acquisition Diligence
- Assess the target’s earnings, cash-flow quality and analyze the quality of assets and liabilities being acquired or assumed
- Evaluate and project the quality of working capital at the time of deal close
- Reclassification of key accounts by restating financials on a GAAP basis
- Proactively pursue business issues that impact the general ledger and evaluate the situation for acceptable solutions. Single-handedly own and communicate the path to resolution to the client
- Provide written summary analysis and QoE around critical success factors, helping the acquirer improve its understanding of all the relevant issues so that an informed investment decision can be made
- Business Development / New Business Sales
- As the key owner of this business line, you will be expected to develop sales materials to market our transaction services on an ongoing basis and facilitate new client relationships with middle- market PE and search funds
- Use internal network as well as external resources to create a strategic foothold for our firm within the PE transaction diligence ecosystem.
- Determine and evaluate new business and upsell opportunities by vetting potential clients
- Focus efforts on long-term key partnerships with PE firms that can provide consistent deal flow and want to develop key diligence partnerships or enhance their QoE process
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA highly preferred but not required
• Have 7-10 years of relevant experience in audit assurance, or transaction diligence work at a leading accounting firm
• Deep understanding of the 3 major financial statements as well as key journal entries associated with ongoing monthly operations
• Excellent at managing client communications and driving projects to completion. Superb time management skills, ability to prioritize and multitask
• Fluent in MS Excel with an emphasis on manipulating and presenting data in an organized and cohesive manner
• Ability to pitch new business and convey our services to various buyside entities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; you will be the key contact on existing projects and will also be selling new transition services business to future clients
• Enjoy working with and advising a diverse and exciting set of growing companies
- Base: Up to $140K
- Bonus: 15 to 25K Bonus
- Excellent Benefits and PTO
- Chance to help build out the firm