About the Company:
Our client, a publicly traded asset manager with a major presence in many global markets, is looking for a Financial Accounting and Reporting Associate. The position is responsible for maintenance and oversight of accurate books and records, heavy involvement in the preparation of financial statements and various SEC filings, and a variety of other financial reporting functions.
- Prepare financial reporting, including SEC filings and related disclosures, as well as management reporting
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly board materials, investor presentation data, and other quarter end reporting
- Maintain the books and records (preparation and/or oversight) of US Private Capital’s investment vehicles for month end and quarter end close (including but not limited to interest & dividend income, management fees, interest expense, amortization of debt issuance costs, G&A, etc., cash, distributions payable, borrowings, treasury stock, net assets, etc.)
- Assume responsibility of incentive fee calculation, tracking and projection. Gain a thorough understanding of its mechanics and how possible outcomes will affect the results
- Be actively involved in Accounting Policy related discussions, understand and communicate the impact to the business, financial results and reporting/disclosure requirement if applicable
- Adhere to SOX compliance and participate in ongoing internal control testing in order to ensure the proper control environment
- Approximately 3-5 years of related experience, preferably in a publicly traded entity environment or a “Big 4” public accounting firm
- Strong accounting skills, including knowledge of US GAAP and financial statement presentation; CPA a strong plus and almost must
- Thorough knowledge of internal controls as they relate to the accounting operations of a publicly traded entity. Knowledge of SOX process a must.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $85,000 – $120,000