About the Company:
Our client, a large global asset manager is looking to hire a Fund Controller to work on their Private Equity funds. This role is open due to someone internally moving into a valuations role.
In this interesting and challenging position you will be part of the Fund Operations and Services team. The team is responsible for the compilation, analysis and validation of all investment and investor-related transactions as well as the production of quarterly and annual financial statements. In this function you will gain a detailed insight into core aspects of private market assets and will work as part of a dynamic team. You will report to the Controller in New York.
- Manage at least four to five private equity funds
- Acting as an interface with investment companies, fund managers and investors
- Preparing quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Processing investment reports that form the basis for the firms client reporting
- Point of contact for the structural, operational, and content aspects of a product line
- Managing multiple projects and duties, as assigned
- Analyze and review information at portfolio company level ensuring accuracy, completeness and correct valuations
- Manage new client and investment onboarding, and respond to client inquires.
- A university degree, majoring in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 2-5 years of professional experience in the Private Equity, Accounting or Finance space
- Strong knowledge in accounting and reporting (US GAAP)
- Excellent analytical, conceptual, process-and-business-oriented skills
- An ability to integrate rapidly and to work efficiently in a team of professionals.
- An ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Strong discipline and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written / verbal)
- CPA certification
- Experience working with eFront
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills
Compensation & Benefits:
- $80,000 – $110,000 Base Salary
- 15 – 25% Bonus at year end
- 401k with generous Match