About the Company:
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of New York’s fastest growing e-commerce pet startups. This start-up has hired best-in-class professionals due to their rapid growth and creative business model.
To date, this company has raised over $80 million across four funding rounds from some of New York’s most well-known investors.
They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their rapidly growing Finance Team. You will have the opportunity to cover multiple different areas working with C-Level Executives on a day to day as well as the founders of the company!
- Work with process owners to identify process-level risks and to design and implement mitigating internal controls
- Develop annual Audit Plan and execute against plan
- Lead the annual ERM Assessment
- Plan financial, operational, sox and compliance audits
- Execute internal audits, including:
- Risk assessment and control identification
- Process understanding and documentation
- Audit test design and execution
- Audit documentation
- Report writing
- Agree audit findings, remediation and action plans with management
- Follow up on remediation of audit findings
- Identify systems, business and process improvement opportunities
- Design analytics of business transaction data to support audits
- Perform special projects and investigations
- Report findings to the Audit Committee of the board
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting, private industry or both
- Experience with all aspects of planning, executing and reporting audit projects that address a combination of operational and technology objectives
- Detailed knowledge of risk assessment, accounting and auditing principles; understanding of internal control framework concepts, including Sarbanes-Oxley, Model Audit Rule, and GAAP
- SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA, CIA, and/or CISA Certification
- E-commerce/consumer product experience highly preferred
- Advanced ability to evaluate the materiality of issues and see the big picture.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking by applying process analysis, business intelligence, and problem solving techniques
- Advanced ability to write and edit clear and concise work papers and Reports.
- Advanced skills on MS Office applications; Experience with
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify issues and connect the dots across multiple areas
Compensation & Benefits:
- $175,000 – $200,000
- 401K Match
- Equity in Pre-IPO Company
- Free benefits program
- Free pet insurance