About the Company:
Our client, is a Multi-Strategy Hedge Fund based in NYC is in the process of building out their Product Control / Valuations team. They are looking for candidates with a strong knowledge of Equity and Derivatives products.
- Leading daily activities of two direct reports and the fund admin team
- Performing independent price verification procedures across the portfolio
- Review and management of internal valuation models
- Production of management reporting on findings and risk areas across the portfolio
- Analysis of market price moves and recent transactions
- Ensure timely and accurate pricing and delivery of all daily, monthly and annual reporting requirements
- Support external valuation agreed upon procedures
- Implement and continuously improve internal standards and processes
- Preparing client deliverables including valuation reports, presentations, information memoranda and marketing materials.
- Performing company, industry, market and competitor research and due diligence.
- Professional experience and familiarity with valuation procedures across all asset classes (equity, fixed income, derivatives, structured products)
- Managerial experience within valuations or of medium sized teams
- Experience with pricing vendors such as IHS Markit, SuperDerivatives, Bloomberg, Reuters, IDC
- Familiarity with financial statements and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Possess the attention to detail required for consistent accuracy combined with the intellectual curiosity and investigative analysis skills to seek answers to complex problems
- The candidate must be analytical with strong attention to detail, work well under pressure and can handle multiple tasks, and manage tight timelines in a fast-paced team environment.
- Highly developed mathematical and computer skills
- Able to communicate and present effectively to individuals across all levels of the organization, including the front office and senior management
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics from a top tier institution; strong academic records. Master’s Degree preferred. CPA or CFA Certification
Compensation & Benefits:
- $150,000 – $250,500 Base (depending on your experience)
- Competitive Year-end Bonus
- 401k with generous Match