About the Company:
Our client, founded in 80’s, is one of the largest and longest operating hedge funds in the industry with over $30 billion in assets under management. They allocate capital across more than 200 entrepreneurial portfolio managers that invest in a diverse set of strategies. Their goal is to help our global investors meet their investment objectives by achieving absolute returns with minimal risk over the long-term. We do this by empowering our portfolio managers through proprietary technology and resources at scale, to create a uniquely diversified investment platform.
With more than 2,000 employees, the firm harnesses the entrepreneurial drive of our people. We seek to attract, develop and retain the best talent in the industry. They encourage our team to work together in a collegial and collaborative team-based environment. We empower them to act like owners by making decisions based on a combination of rigorous analysis and an open, creative mentality. This enables us to continuously improve our day-to-day activities, and ultimately the firm as a whole.
This position demands an analytical approach to problem-solving, as well as outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills. It requires an individual with a keen eye for detail who is able to deliver in a fast-paced, demanding environment while remaining calm under pressure.
- Responsible for preparing month-end closing, journal entries, various reconciliations, and compensation-related processes
- Focus will be on compensation accounting, including trader payouts, employee special investments, compensation analysis and automation of various processes
- Interaction with various other departments including HR, legal, middle office, IT, trading teams and business heads
- Help implement reporting/analysis to senior management that adds value/impact to overall business streams
- Ad-hoc projects as needed
- 4+ years in a Finance or Accounting Role, (e.g. preferably public and/or private accounting background with hedge fund experience in compensation accounting)
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good teammate with a strong client service mentality, as well as a willingness to participate and help others
- Quick learner, detail oriented; proven thoroughness and strong ownership of work
- Strong Excel skills (including v-lookup and pivot tables); experience with Oracle would also be ideal
- Shown success prioritizing in a fast paced, constantly changing environment; high sense of urgency and resilience
Compensation & Benefits:
- $85,000 – $110,000 Base
- 15 to 25% Bonus
- Best in Class Benefits