About the Company:
Our client is a global investment and advisory firm with over $300 billion in AUM. This individual will manage a team of three and is responsible for control procedures of the investment book of record, along with analyzing security level accounting information for client portfolios and the maintenance of GAAP and statutory book information across all asset classes.
- Maintain, review, and analyze GAAP and Statutory fixed income, equity, and derivative investment accounting positions and transactions for all client portfolios assigned
- Review security-level accrued interest, earned income, amortized cost, and effective yields to ensure that assets and related transactional activity are accurately captured in the accounting system
- Review cash flows on fixed income securities, review purchase yields, and analyze changes in yields to support accurate book values and inputs into centralized impairment process
- Work with client service representatives to ensure that initial portfolio and security-level accounting attributes are correct
- Review and process the monthly update of book value information into the Investment Book of Record
- Oversee reconciliation of client accounting service gross asset values to internal accounting system values.
- Oversee administration of limited partnership assets, including capital statement valuation and recording of limited partnership transactions in the investment and accounting book of records
- Bachelor’s degree required
- CPA or CFA required
- Experience with insurance accounting and statutory reporting
- Experience with the PAM investment accounting system or similar investment accounting system a plus