About the Company:
Our client, one of the world’s leading investment firms. They seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. They do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over half a trillion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis.
We are currently seeking a Director position reporting to the Vice President of Tax, this position assumes ownership of a wide range of functions covering domestic and international tax compliance with specific emphasis for the following:
- Prepare book to tax reconciliation for various partnership entities and corporate entities.
- Participate in tracking partnership/partner tax bases.
- Compile tax data and assist in provision of reports and work papers to tax preparer in support of the federal, state and foreign income and franchise tax returns.
- Analyze financial statements/trial balance and perform security/debt investment analysis to determine the proper tax treatment and tax adjustments.
- Research tax treatment of complex financial instruments and corporate actions of Funds.
- Engage in US reporting of foreign investments and reporting of US investments held by non-US citizens and foreign partners.
- Perform interim year partnership projections and allocations to assist the Fund’s investors and the Firm’s partners with making quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Assist in performing quarterly and annual FAS 109 calculation in connection with Fund reporting requirements.
- Prepare and update ASC740 memo for financial statement reporting purposes.
- Prepare quarterly estimated income tax payments.
- Collaborate with outside tax preparer / fund administrator for tax reporting purposes
- Review tax information and workpaper compiled by outside tax preparer / fund administrator
- Assist with responding to tax authority requests and examinations.
- Assist with responding to investor requests.
- Assist in modeling after-tax returns for various investor types
- Involvement in various special projects.
- Must have either hedge fund and or private equity experience (9-11 years) tax experience from reputable CPA firm or relevant industry).
- Must have understanding of private equity and/or hedge fund structures (master-feeder, mini-master, and fund-of-funds).
- Must have knowledge of private fund tax accounting concepts including partnership tax accounting, tax allocations, management fees and incentive fees. Experience with financial services taxation, including PFICs.
- Must produce timely and accurate records, while maintaining meticulous work paper documentation. Attention to detail is critical.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to perform under tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Exposure to taxation of debt instruments is a plus.
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to build rapport with internal and external counterparties.
- Strong Excel skills.
- CPA preferred.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $150,000 – $175,000 Base Salary, 40,000 – 60,000 Bonus
- Competitive Bonus
- Future Potential for Stock Compensation
- 25 Vacation Days
- 401k with generous Match
- Free Breakfast, Free Lunch
- 6 Months Maternity Leave