About the Company:
Our client, a leading publicly traded investment firm, is looking for a Valuations Associate to handle a large array of projects.
The Accounting Associate will be accountable to the Valuation Manager and Head of Valuations.
Specific accountabilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Conduct equity, credit and industry research, management interviews, analyze information from various channels to assist in the preparation of valuations.
- Perform financial analyses (historical performance review, financial forecast, etc.)
- Design and work with financial models (e.g. discounted cash flow, guideline multiples, and option pricing models)
- Work closely with internal teams (e.g. originations, capital markets, restructurings, etc.)
- Coordinate and prepare quarterly reports
- Assist in the delivery of valuations for financial reporting, tax and regulatory compliance, restructuring/reorganization, corporate services and management planning purposes.
- Review and analyze valuation reports issued by outside firms in order to assist the audit process.
- For completing Ad hoc projects as assigned
Essential attributes include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Experience in Large Global Valuation Firm or Big 4 Public Accounting Firm’s Valuation Group
- 1-3 years of illiquid asset valuation experience (preferably private equity
- Strong knowledge and proficiency in US GAAP, specifically ASC 820/805/350.
- Strong research skills and ability to analyze financial statements and forecasts
- Strong working knowledge of Income and Market Valuation Approaches as well as the Option Pricing Model
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Commitment to teamwork