About the Company:
Our client, a leading publicly traded investment firm, is looking for an Accounting Associate to handle a large array of projects.
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Accounting Associate will be accountable for fund accounting, financial reporting and operations.
The Accounting Associate must be detail-oriented, motivated and willing to ask questions to learn and grow in a diverse investment environment. This position will allow someone to become knowledgeable about the financial aspects of investment company accounting.
In addition, the Accounting Associate will be accountable for:
- Trade input and settlement
- Daily cash management and accounts payable
- Oversight of third party sub-administrators, custodian and agent banks
- Record retention and organization
- Tracking and reconciling the investment portfolio
- Producing key deliverables in the completion of quarterly and annual financial reporting
- Efficient and effective communication with internal investment team, internal compliance team and external auditors
- Communicating and maintaining relationships with vendors
- The successful resolution of all inquiries/requests by agreed upon timelines
- Responding to third party diligence requests
- Ad hoc projects as assigned
- Assist in preparing and reviewing periodic SEC filings
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree and experience in a financial accounting or reporting role.
Preferred attributes include;
- A teamwork mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills
- A commitment to meeting deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience in the financial services industry or financial accounting