About the Company:
Our firm is working on an Accounting Manager opportunity at one of the fastest growing technology firms in the world. The firm recently filled their S-1 and they are getting ready to IPO.
They are looking for a hard-working, highly motivated individual to join their growing Accounting team. You will play a key role in the Accounting & Finance department during a dynamic period of high growth and process transformation. The Accounting Manager, Corporate will be responsible for taking ownership of various workstreams within the controllership organization, with a focus on corporate expenses and balance sheet accounts, and contributing to the development and implementation of best practices within the accounting and financial reporting processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP, external reporting processes and internal controls, as well as a thorough understanding of multifaceted business. You are a demonstrated leader who excels in managing people and can exceed goals in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This role offers a great opportunity to learn and grow within a high energy, high growth organization.
- Play key role in the month end financial statement close process by reviewing account reconciliations, keeping team priorities on track and assisting staff, and working with various cost centers throughout the organization to obtain relevant information.
- Take ownership and responsibility of preparing monthly account reconciliations for areas including equity and share-based compensation, capitalized software, intercompany transactions, and corporate operating expenses (including marketing and legal expenses).
- Assist in implementing accounting policies and procedures to ensure all financial transactions are executed in accordance with GAAP principles.
- Review and approve journal entries and GL reconciliations prepared by staff / senior accountants on a weekly and monthly basis
- Perform a detailed review of expense accounts for proper accruals, coding and accounting. Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Review existing processes, structures, and systems to assist in the identification of improvement opportunities with a focus on simplification, standardization and optimization, especially the reduction of manual, Excel-based activities.
- Partner with FP&A team and business department owners to improve monitoring and tracking of operating expenses for corporate departments, advise on accounting policies, calculate and record appropriate accruals each month, and understand the key drivers and variances to budget/forecast.
- Continually develop, expand and improve month end close and financial reporting procedures and help drive the reduction of the close timeline by assessing and streamlining close-related activities.
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise.
- Be the right hand to the Assistant Controller & Global Controller with other responsibilities including participation and management of special projects, ERP enhancements, internal controls, and ad hoc analyses as requested
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field
- Active CPA license required
- 7+ years of relevant accounting experience, with a mix of private and public accounting experience preferred
- Proven ability to manage and develop the careers of direct reports
- Experience with a Big 4 firm and/or SEC registered company
- Must be a highly organized, detail oriented self-starter with the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization and manage relationships with external parties
- Strong Excel skills – must be comfortable analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Superior problem-solving skills and ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
Compensation & Benefits:
- 10-15% Bonus at year end
- Equity Opportunity
- Excellent vacation/sick policy
- Free Gym Membership