About the Company:
Our client, a leading global investment manager with over $40 billion of assets under management, is looking for an Accounting Manager. The Accounting Manager is responsible for overseeing, reporting and continually improving all aspects of the accounting processes of the firm. The individual will also assist the team in evolving the current accounting platform to more efficiently prepare accurate reporting on a legal entity and consolidated basis, as well as build standardized processes that can be repeated efficiently to support a regular month end hard close.
- Completing monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closes on a timely basis
- Responsible for the financial and operational execution and analysis of day to day accounting for our infrastructure businesses, with a focus on fixed assets accounting, revenue recognition and preparation and review of financial information
- Providing technical accounting reviews of acquisitions and determination of purchase accounting for transactions. Develop processes for on-going reporting requirements
- Assist with the preparation and review of financial statements to comply with SEC filing requirements including annual (10-K) quarterly (10-Q) reporting and registration statements
- Prepare statutory financial statements for stand-alone legal entities as required for local filing requirements
- Assist with the design, documentation and implementation of policies and procedures to maintain strong internal controls and be compliant with Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) requirements. This will also include making certain there is clear and complete documentation of management’s testing of internal controls.
- Review related press releases, earnings call transcripts, and supplemental investor presentations. Assist Investor Relations to prepare related materials, as required.
- Work seamlessly with all other functions including Legal, Investor Relations, Sales, Tax and outside services providers including underwriters, law firms, etc.
- Undergraduate degree from a well-respected school. CPA is strongly preferred
- 5 – 7+ years of relevant accounting and financial reporting experience
- Technical and practical knowledge of key U.S. GAAP literature with specific focus on leasing, fixed assets, revenue recognition, impairment testing
- Experience with infrastructure industries a plus
- Proficiency in SEC requirements, specifically Forms 10-Q and 10-K
Compensation & Benefits:
- $110,000 – $150,000
- Great benefits program