New York, New York • $140,000 - $160,000
About the Company:
Our client, is a New York City based owner, manager and developer of primarily commercial properties. They are looking for an experienced Assistant Controller to join the team.
- Assist Controller with accounting projects. This may include but is not limited to special transactions, i.e. acquisitions and refinancing of properties, condo conversions etc.
- Review the work of staff accountants and lease compliance including CAM and Tax billings.
- Maintain books and records for properties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with the company’s internal controls.
- Prepare year end work papers for the tax accountants.
- Reconcile bank statements.
- Record activity at the property level via journal entries.
- Deal with cash management, including capital calls, distributions, etc.
- Must have 7 years of commercial real estate accounting experience or comparable public accounting experience.
- High degree of proficiency with Excel
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, determine priorities and move projects forward without direct supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field in conjunction with accounting experience.
- Expertise in Yardi Voyager.