New York, New York • $140,000 - $160,000
About the Company:
Our client, is a New York City based owner, manager, and developer of primarily commercial properties. They are looking for an experienced Assistant Controller to join the team.
- Review the work of staff accountants and lease compliance including CAM and Tax billings
- Maintain books and records for properties in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with the company’s internal controls
- Prepare year end work papers for the tax accountants
- Reconcile bank statements
- Record activity at the property level via journal entries
- Deal with cash management, including capital calls, distributions, etc.
- 7 years of commercial real estate accounting experience or comparable public accounting experience.
- High degree of proficiency with Excel
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities, determine priorities and move projects forward without direct supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field in conjunction with accounting experience
- Expertise in Yardi Voyager