About the Company:
Our client, a large pharmaceutical company is looking for an Assistant Controller due to growth.
Responsible for supporting the manufacturing and development site financial matters including: general accounting and reporting, management reporting, financial audits, internal financial controls, inventory standards, cash management (AP, AR and Inventory), payroll, budgeting, forecasting & planning and site specific financial decision making support.
• Manage month-end financial accounting close and maintain control and accuracy of the general ledger according to applicable GAAP guidelines
• Coordinate and manage external audits, ensure that adequate financial control procedures are in place and operating effectively.
• Lead and manage the activities of the site’s finance department to ensure solid finance support to other site department heads
• Provide information and support any related internal or external tax and government filings efforts
• Provide site financial management analyzing the monthly financial statements of both the commercial manufacturing and development divisions, providing clear and relevant analysis and performance based reporting.
• Develop management reporting deck to help drive and achieve EBITDA targets
• Provide accurate cash forecasting and tight cash management, managing vendor payments, driving DSO target, and working closely with site Supply Chain to manage inventory turns.
• Actively support the budget process (annual and 5-year plans). Work closely with the Controller and Management to develop detailed budgets, forecasts, and capital plans
• Utilize knowledge of product costing and standards to simulate new business proposals
• Implement efficient and effective management reporting utilizing the sites new SAP ERP
• Participate in acquisition due diligence and integration activities
• Degree in Accounting or equivalent with solid understanding of US GAAP
• Ability to partner with management to drive financial performance
• Excellent planning, forecasting and analytical capabilities
• Solid communication skills and organized
• Knowledge of Business Processes Desirable (Procure to Pay, Record to Report, Quote to Cash)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, SAP
• Must be able to remain sedentary for extended periods of time
• Must be able to move about the facility
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting
• CPA desired
• Experience working in a pharmaceutical environment desired
• Three to Eight years working experience in Accounting/Finance Department, preferably in a Manufacturing Environment
• Supervisory experience in general accounting, A/P, A/R, payroll, etc desired.
• Cross Functional knowledge desired (Procurement, Supply Chain, HR, Tax, Operations)
• $110,000 – $130,000 Base Salary