About the Company:
Our client, a highly prestigious Community Bank, is looking to hire an Assistant Vice President of Operational Accounting who will oversee all daily reconciliation activities, month-end close responsibilities, bank loan accounting, and will manage a team of 4+ individuals. This hire will play a pivotal role in assuring accounting for the Bank’s core activities is running smoothly.
- Oversee daily/weekly/monthly bank account settlements.
- Review daily posting of General Ledger entries.
- Troubleshoot reconciliation differences; communicate with all parties involved (branches, vendors, etc.); correct errors by posting adjusting journal entries and act proactively to prevent similar situations from taking place; place controls in place to tighten the process and reduce risk.
- Assume key role in automating the reconciliation process; create status dashboard to track processes in order to create visibility for efficient month end close.
- Review loan accounting reconciliations and add processes in place to streamline monthly reporting.
- Create, test, and implement disaster recovery and business continuity plans for team.
- Review and approve check adjustment claims with Federal Reserve Bank.
- Develop staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- 5-8+ years of audit experience, including managerial experience.
- Experience with loan Accounting a Must
- Knowledge of retail banking products++
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field of study.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $120k-$140k in base salary
- Competitive benefits program
- Great Quality of Life