About the Company:
Our client, a premier investment management firm, is looking for a Controller to join their New York office. The Controller is responsible for overseeing, reporting and continually improving all aspects of the accounting processes of the firm. The opportunity requires strong leadership skills and the ability to think strategically and operationally.
- Partner with the CAO on the financial and operational execution and analysis of the Company and provide primary oversight over the Aviation and Offshore accounting processes
- Execute and lead all monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closes, including setting the reporting calendar with specific timeline and deadlines to meet all reporting requirements for the firm. Goal is to decrease the monthly close process to T+10, circulate results on a timely basis, consistently meet deadlines
- Provide project management, financial, business and technical accounting expertise to facilitate timely generation, synthesis and distribution of financial and management reports
- Continue to design, document and implement policies and procedures, and maintain strong internal controls to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley (“SOX”) compliance and required certifications. Additionally, ensure and document that there is clear and complete documentation of management’s testing of internal controls
- Work seamlessly with all other functions including Legal, Investor Relations, Sales, Tax, and outside services providers including law firms, etc.
- At least 8-10+ years of relevant accounting and financial reporting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA strongly preferred, MBA a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- $200,000 on the base with competitive bonus
- Great benefits program