About the Company:
Our client, a premier investment management firm, is looking for a Controller to join their New York office. The Controller is responsible for overseeing, reporting and continually improving all aspects of the accounting processes of the firm.
- Partner with the CAO on the financial and operational execution and analysis of the company and provide primary oversight over the accounting processes
- Execute and lead all monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting closes, including setting the reporting calendar with specific timeline and deadlines to meet all reporting requirements for the firm
- Provide project management, financial, business and technical accounting expertise to facilitate timely generation, synthesis and distribution of financial and management reports
- Continue to design, document and implement policies and procedures, and maintain strong internal controls to ensure Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and required certifications
- Work seamlessly with all other functions including Legal, Investor Relations, Sales, Tax, and outside services providers including law firms, etc.
- At least 8-10+ years of relevant accounting and financial reporting experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- CPA strongly preferred, MBA a plus