About the Company:
Our client, on the largest hedge funds in the US is looking for a Controller to join the growing fund. The ideal candidate will have hedge fund, banking or public accounting experience.
- Reviewing month-end closing, journal entries, various reconciliations and financial statements for various legal entities including trading and expense related entities
- Focus will be on trading subsidiaries that trade a variety of equity and fixed income products as well as feeder funds
- Assist in the coordination of annual audit reports
- Interaction with various other departments including middle office, operations, investor relations, and tax departments.
- Financial and investor reporting
- 8-12 years in an Accounting or Finance Role, (e.g. preferably public and/or private accounting background with hedge fund experience in equity or fixed income products)
- Prior experience managing people
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both oral and written) required
- Strong technical proficiency with web applications and MS Office (strong Excel skills including vlookup and pivot tables). Experience with Oracle and/or Geneva would be also ideal
Compensation & Benefits:
- $200,000 – $325,000
- Comprehensive benefit program