About the Company:
This alternative Asset Management firm is an employee owned hedge fund sponsor. The firm manages capital for institutional investors in a very diversified portfolio of investment strategies, asset classes and geographies. Due to the growth of the firm they are adding on additional Fund Controller to oversee 2 fund accountants and be a direct report of the CFO.
- Reporting to the CFO, the candidate will have day to day responsibility for all aspects of fund reporting, as well as managing wider operations and finance processes for the fund.
- Oversee/Assist with portfolio/financial reporting and accounting · Work with administrator to oversee and reconcile , hedge fund and cash transactions and activity.
- Produce reports and statements for investors
- Assist with valuation of Fund’s investments, leveling and verification of support; support investment team with gathering and analysis of valuation support to support funds’ valuation requirements (i.e. appraisals, debt valuations, cash flow analysis, etc.)
- The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of Big 4 or National Auditing experience, along with 3-6 years of experience on the private side at a hedge fun
- CPA preferred
- Strong GPA
- Accounting degree required