About the Company:
My client, a prominent real estate firm is looking for a Director of Financial Planning & Analysis. The candidate will be responsible for providing forward-thinking financial information and analysis to support decision making and strategy to the senior leadership of the firm. S/He will work collaboratively with the firm’s Executive Officers, the Commercial and Residential FP&A teams, Accounting as well as all business unit leaders including the real estate development teams and operating groups.
- Synthesize, summarize and provide critical thinking for senior executives on financial matters across the company’s various business units.
- Report on portfolio-wide metrics including, but not limited to: key capital events, investment and return metrics, property financial performance, liquidity, and valuation.
- Manage the consolidation of portfolio-wide financials and investment details.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis for senior executives.
- Prepare capital budgeting and reforecasting, including cash/working capital.
- Drive integration of financial information and analysis with business unit leaders to identify smart actions and mitigate any potential risk.
- Be a “truth seeker” who will identify inconsistencies within the business units and set standards for budgeting, performance metrics and reporting.
- Analyze and develop recommendations for significant budget and plan to actual variances. In addition, analyze business results and provide upper management with commentary on performance.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis for the internal investment owners and external investors.
- Working strategically with the business development and operations group.
- Lead the development and implementation of portfolio level financial models, reports, graphs, metrics and other analysis.
- Organize people and activities to meet commitments on tasks, projects or other deliverables that support the department’s goals and objectives.
- A minimum of 8-10 years relevant experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, Accounting, consulting, and/or investment banking
- Real estate experience a must
- Strong project management skills, results-driven, adaptable with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Produces executive-ready materials
- Undergraduate degree required
- CPA, MBA and public experience, a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- $175,000 – $225,000
- Comprehensive benefits