About the Company:
Our client, an emerging growth Fin-Tech firm is seeking a Director within their FP&A team.
• Provide value-added insight into the business. Act as a finance business partner to business and functional owners throughout the organization.
• Design and develop a monthly reporting packages that includes full financial analysis, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, unit economics, operational Dashboards, P&L by business line, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive-level explanations of differences.
• Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that links to the strategic objectives.
• Develop and monitor the business lines’ annual budget and monthly forecasts, which shall include establishing budget tools, budgetary control infrastructure, setting timelines and acting as project manager for the business lines, ensuring that all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time.
• Prepare and monitor the business’ long-range strategic planning models.
• Partner closely with key stakeholders across the business and drive analytical excellence to support financial discipline and thoughtfulness throughout the business.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to address and resolve issues that impact financial results as well as with business and functional teams to provide fact-based recommendations that support revenue growth targets, improve profitability, operating efficiency and effectiveness.
• Establish, track and monitor key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency.
• Create ad-hoc analyses to drive business strategy, improve efficiency and reach optimization through implementation of ROI-based decisions.
• Provide financial modeling & analysis, financial stewardship and other on-going support for new product development, long-term contracts, pricing and ad-hoc financial projects.
• Partner with other teams to develop and enhance competitive intelligence, customer intelligence, geographic economic data and technology trends.
• Evangelize the use of consistent financial and operating data, methodologies, and findings by stakeholders across business units
• The successful candidate will have 10 or more years of relevant professional experience in FP&A function (preferably with a private equity-backed or public company) for a large technology or fast-growing company (FinTech is a plus).
• Public company/IPO experience is a plus.
• BA/BS from top school in Finance, Accounting, or similar field; MBA from top-ranked business school preferred.
• He/she demonstrates an executive presence and interpersonal communication skills, and well-honed influencing skills and is capable of working closely with executive team members, Board members, various members of management and operational teams across the organization and around the world.
• He/she has strong strategic and results orientation with a track record of meeting or exceeding business objectives as well as the ability to implement best practices and team building.
• He/she must have the ability to convert the theoretical to the practical.
• He/she will have technical competence with U.S. GAAP for related responsibilities, experience developing policies and procedures and supporting a robust control environment, strong analytical skills, and the ability to work with various levels of the organization in support of goals and objectives.
• He/she has a track record of bringing value to their business partners based on providing insights from data-based analyses that will drive profitable growth, customer experience and long-term KPI/OKR’s.
• On-time and on-budget with high quality standards and leads by example.
• He/she has a record of driving business results by collaborating with various team members.
• This individual aspires to build a ‘best in class’ organization by introducing industry best practices and recruiting/developing the best talent possible.
• The individual has global experience and has a proven track record of working with and unifying professionals from different cultures.
• Self-starter and be able to work with minimal guidance who has entrepreneurial drive, with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Easily gains trust and buy-in of peers within and outside of their department and skilled at gaining cooperation.
• Effective in a presenting analysis and has an ability to not just report numbers, but to tell a narrative to aid and drive decision making.
Compensation & Benefits:
• Outstanding medical, dental, and vision insurance (individual plan 100% covered) and FSA
• 401K with employer match
• Fitness reimbursement and office yoga
• Generous PTO, paid holidays, and parental leave
• Learning and development opportunities
• Volunteer activities
• Fully stocked kitchen and catered Friday lunch
• Monthly birthday celebrations (lots of cake!)
• Relaxed dress code
• Happy hours, fun company social events, in-office games room, and ping pong