About the Company:
Our client, New York-based merchant banking firm making alternative asset investments in private equity and debt in partnership with management across the industrial manufacturing, business service and information service sectors.
- Oversee monthly financial close process and day-to-day accounting operations including but not limited to review of bank reconciliations, expense allocations, accruals, etc.
- Responsible for overall management of general ledger, including chart of accounts maintenance and journal entry integrity for various entities including the management company and investment advisor
- Liaise with external auditors and tax firms to ensure timely completion of annual audits, regulatory SBA examinations and timely filings of tax returns
- Liaise with external payroll administrators and 401K administrators to ensure accuracy of payroll and semi-monthly retirement contributions
- Work closely with fund administrators to maintain records of fund
- Manage timely collections of valuations from third party vendors
- Responsible for quarterly and annual communications to Limited Partners of the fund
- Responsible for forecasting semi-monthly cash flows for operations, including preparation of weekly cash position report
- Responsible for assisting the CFO with semi-annual forecasting/budgeting for cash flow needs of the Management Company and Investment Advisor
- Responsible for coordinating monthly expense process and allocating expenses appropriately amongst Management Company and Investment Advisor
- Prepare quarterly intercompany receivable between SIC and Investment Advisor
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly/quarterly interest invoicing to portfolio companies, including setting up of ACH debits
- Responsible for the preparation of various management reporting, including board presentations, meeting minutes and investment track record with calculated internal rate of return
- Assist with the review of various external communications, including public filings, earnings release, etc.
- Perform quarterly flux analysis for balance sheet and income statement
- Assist with documentation retention for the company’s Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 4-6 Years of accounting experience including experience in Audit or Fund Accounting
- CPA Preferred
- They are looking for someone hard working, dedicated, keen to learn and grow, self-motivated and not afraid to work hard!
Compensation & Benefits:
- $115,000K Base Salary
- Competitive Bonus
- Future Potential for Stock Compensation
- 25 Vacation Days
- 401k with generous Match