About the Company:
Our client is a self-advised Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) primarily engaged in the business of investing, on a leveraged basis, in residential mortgage related assets, including residential mortgage-backed securities and residential whole loans. The firm is a publicly traded company.
They are currently seeking an Associate Loan Accountant to join their Accounting Team. This role works as a part of a 15 member team to perform all phases of accounting work related to the company’s assets and liabilities and reports directly to the Assistant Controller.
- Reconciliation of monthly remittance reports for the residential whole loan portfolio.
- Processing of daily cash transactions including purchases, sales, repurchase agreement financings, and other cash receipts and disbursements.
- Portfolio, bank statement, and general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assistance with the quarterly preparation of SEC filings and press releases.
- Working collaboratively as a team member, both within the accounting department and across the company.
- Support with special projects as needed.
- The ideal candidate is detail orientated, able to adapt quickly, and has excellent skills in communication, problem solving, and multi-tasking. The ideal candidate also possesses initiative, flexibility, and a desire to explore and understand some of the big-picture concepts relating to the firm’s investment strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting.
- 3 – 5 years of general private accounting experience. Prior work experience related to fixed-income related assets is a strong plus.
- Experience with reconciliation and processing.
- Familiarity with computerized accounting systems and financial reporting writing packages, including experience creating and processing journal entries.
- Proficiency with MS Excel and meticulous attention to detail are required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously are required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $80,000-$100,000 base salary
- Competitive year-end bonus
- 401k with generous match