About the Company:
Our client, is a Multi-Strategy Hedge Fund based in NYC is in the process of building out their Fund Accounting team. They are looking for a strong performer to help build out this function.
- Own client deliverables related to the NAV process, including financial statements, investor statements, and other ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Calculate complex management fees, incentive fees, and allocations.
- Identify and execute on efficiency and process improvement opportunities and communicating improvements to management and other internal teams, addressing risks as raised by the support team.
- Work with members of the Financial Control, Client Service, Implementation, and Technology teams to streamline production and enhance policies and procedures.
- Maintain a controlled operating environment in conjunction with company’s internal controls.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements and other requirements of the funds specifications.
- Provide guidance, expertise and assistance to fund accountants when needed.
- Participate in the audit process.
- Coordinate with external auditors on financial and control audits.
- Assist in other reviews/reporting requirements, including regulator exams.
- Ensure compliance with internal control requirements.
- Participate in strategic initiatives involving:
- Support of new business initiatives.
- Opportunities to enhance controls.
- Opportunities to streamline and standardize processes.
- Experience with Hedge Funds, Investment Management and/or Financial Services strongly preferred.
- Big Four public accounting experience a plus.
- Experience in improving processes and working on projects designed to improve efficiencies.
- Excellent Excel skills, including the ability to create and utilize v-lookups, pivot tables, and other complex formulas.
- Excellent analytical skills with proven experience of working under tight deadlines and delivering high quality results.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, high energy level, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and impeccable integrity.
- An adaptive, flexible style with the ability to succeed in a dynamic environment.
- Education Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Accounting, Master’s degree a plus. CPA Certification.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $150,000 – $175,000
- Competitive Year-end Bonus
- 401k with generous Match