About the Company:
Our client is an employee-owned investment advisor with over $5 billion in AUM. The firm focuses primarily on asset-based and structured credit opportunities in North America and Europe. The Fund Associate will assist in various aspects of fund controllership for the firm’s fund entities and related accounting for special investment structures.
- Prepare and review internal performance and NAV estimates for fund entities
- Work closely with administrators on the month end close process, reviewing financials, investor allocations and supporting schedules
- Review monthly P&L reconciliation between the firm’s internal system & administrator and resolve breaks
- Reconcile administrator results to internally prepared projections for both portfolio results, operating expenses and management & performance fees
- Assist with the coordination of year end audits, working with fund admins and external auditors
- Liaise with the firm’s Investor Relations group regarding investor subscriptions and redemptions, performance estimates, investor statements, partner capital schedules, etc.
- Prepare and review financial activity of various special purpose entities
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 3-4 years of experience in public accounting or with a hedge fund
- Product knowledge of securities & derivatives preferred
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience with Bloomberg a plus