About the company:
Our client is a full-service retail bank headquartered in Manhattan
The Human Resources Generalist will provide support for the HR department focusing on Recruitment and Employee Relations. Working within a well-developed HR team, the Generalist assists department managers with various issues including policies and procedures and recruitment
- Provide support to assigned departments with their day-to-day HR needs
- Oversee recruitment process from start to finish by collaborating with hiring managers (discuss staffing needs, prepare job descriptions, screen resumes, schedule interviews and extend offers)
- Gather information on applicants including education, experience, training, job skills and salary requirements
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and other federal compliance requirements
- Assist with background check procedures for future employees
- Interpret company policies, equal employment opportunities, compensation, employee benefits and disciplinary matters.
- Assist with development of employment policies and procedures
- Maintain and update policy guides including the Employee Handbook and New Hire Guide
- Manage employee life cycle from new hire orientations to employee termination process (including conducting exit interviews)
- Resolve employee relations issues including EEOC claims, harassment, discrimination, etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- College Degree
- 2+ years in an HR Generalist /Business Partner role with experience in recruitment, talent development and employee relations required.
- Ability to work with a dynamic team but also independently on various projects
- Prior experience using an ATS (ADP Workforce Now a plus)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable interfacing and working with all levels of employees
- Understands the importance of discretion in the handling of confidential information
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Ability to develop strong relationships while establishing trust and credibility with employees at all levels.
- Knowledge and practical application of HR disciplines including employment laws and employee relations