About the Company:
Our client a $20Bn investment manager with funds of funds, including those focused exclusively on co-investments, and direct lending businesses. Our team is responsible for the due diligence of the underlying fund managers processes within the FOF business, which includes coverage of approximately 80-90 fund managers globally.
- Gather and review prospective and current underlying manager information (i.e. PPMs, audited financial statements, due diligence questionnaires, etc.)
- Review background checks of key personnel of prospective and current underlying managers
- Participate in onsite due diligence meetings with prospective and current underlying managers and their respective administrators and document the findings in the proprietary due diligence system.
- Document and communicate the assessment of the underlying manager’s operations and back office environment with the investment team and operations team
- Participate in the ongoing review and revision of manager operational due diligence documents (e.g. back office review, administrator review, financial statements, administrator transparency reports, etc.)
- Beta testing of new technology applications and make recommendations regarding future improvements.
- Work with marketing and investor relations and other groups within the firm to provide information for external communications
- Undertake miscellaneous ad-hoc Operations and ODD projects as requested.
- 3-5 years of experience, including hedge fund audit experience
- Able to juggle multiple tasks at once
- Personable – a lot of the job is interfacing with CFO/CCO/COO/GC etc level people at our underlying fund managers. Candidate needs to be able to communicate well, as well as be personable enough to build rapport with those we diligence
- Excellent writing skills are required – our final product is a written report (different from audit work papers in excel)
Compensation & Benefits:
- $80,000-$100,000 Base Salary
- Competitive Year-end Bonus
- 401k with generous Match