New York, New York • $80,000 - $105,000
About the Company:
Our client, a top Hedge Fund recently launched a Real Estate Vertical and they are looking to hire a Real Estate Accountant to help build out the back office.
- Review the monthly financial reporting packages, re-forecasts, budgets, loan compliance, and other accounting reports for investments in commercial real estate prepared by third party property managers, joint venture partners, borrowers, or servicers,
- Reconcile capital activity for each real estate investment,
- Work closely with external Property Management and JV Partner accounting teams to ensure the timely delivery of accurate financial reporting,
- Interpret various agreements including management agreements, loan agreements, purchase and sale agreements, partnership agreements, operating agreements, and lease agreements,
- Coordinate gathering and analysis of valuation support with investment team to support funds’ valuation requirements (i.e. appraisals, debt valuations, cash flow analysis, etc.)
- Collaborate with the firm’s Senior Real Estate Accountant, real estate investment professionals, legal team, accounting consultants, and tax team (including external audit, valuation, and tax accountants)
- Work with outside administrator in overseeing and supporting external audits for RE funds entities
- The position will be located in our headquarters in midtown Manhattan.
- The ideal candidate will have 2-5 years of combined work experience at a public accounting firm, with a majority of their time being spent working with commercial real estate and/or real estate funds and at a real estate operator or other institution performing real estate fund accounting responsibilities similar to those described above.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
- We seek excellence in our candidates at every level. We want individuals who are driven to be the best at what they do and who continually seek to improve.
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of success in his or her prior endeavors, an entrepreneurial, self-driven nature, a low ego, team-oriented style, unimpeachable integrity and values that align with our principles.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $80,000 – $105,000 Base
- 20 to 30% Bonus
- Free Benefits
- Free Breakfast and Lunch Daily
- Gym onsite