About the Company:
Our client, is a family owned privately held real estate company headquartered in Southern Westchester. They have been in business for over 50 years and have doubled in size and assets over the past 5 years. As they grow in size, they are looking to hire a Controller to be groomed into their CFO in 3-5 years’ time.
Responsible for financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting.
- Record monthly and quarterly accounting journal entries to ensure financial statements are in accordance with GAAP and Tax basis.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements and variance analysis through the use of the Yardi accounting system.
- Review general ledger transactions to ensure coding is accurate and all ending balances tie out to supporting documents.
- Prepare general ledger account reconciliations.
- Coordinate with Property Managers to prepare annual budgets and periodic forecasts.
- Prepare supporting workpapers for annual audit.
- Dedication to continuously improve accounting processes through the automation of the accounting tasks and reporting.
- Assist with special tasks and projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting 7-15 years of experience
- Experience with Residential & Commercial property accounting including work paper preparation, capital expenditures and depreciation.
- Sound analytical abilities
- Excellent Excel skill set.
- Attention to detail as well as strong written & verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, & Outlook.
- Experience in YARDI is a must