About the Company:
Our client, a privately-owned real estate firm is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the firm. The Senior Accountant will be primarily responsible for the general ledger and cash flow analysis, financial reporting, daily and period end accounting activities, performing cash management, assisting with preparing annual year-end projections, and analyzing monthly and year-to-date budget variances for a variety of operating platforms within the ownership structure of the company.
- Perform daily accounting activities, cash management and act as liaison between other departments (accounts payable, accounts receivable and lease administration) to maintain the proper flow of information and reporting
- Work with Property operations teams to record activity in conjunction with approved budgets.
- Prepare balance sheet and income statement analysis for management and partners under GAAP and cash basis
- Prepare detailed monthly, quarterly and year end work paper packages for owners and lenders.
- Analyze and review accounting processes for inefficiencies. Implement efficient and effective financial and internal control processes.
- Collaborate with Controller and business executives on monthly cash flow forecasting
- Prepare and/or review real estate tax and CAM reconciliations as well as other tenant reimbursements.
- Review and analyze the general ledger, financial statements and prepare appropriate accrual and cash adjusting journal entries in accordance with GAAP
- Assist in the preparation of annual audited financial statements and annual tax certiorari filing
- Assist in third party audits including tenant audit of OPEX and/or ownership audit
- Prepare and/or review monthly bank reconciliations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4 to 6 years of real estate accounting experience, CPA preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Strong knowledge of GAAP/accounting theory
- Proficiency with standard suite of Microsoft Office applications. Advanced knowledge of Excel, a plus.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards (or other real estate accounting software) a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- Up to $95,000
- 50 Most Innovative Companies in the World