About the Company:
Our client, a reputable media corporation is looking for a Senior Accountant to join the firms Midtown Manhattan office. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for assisting in ensuring regulatory compliance with SEC reporting requirements and to ensure adherence to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act requirements and any other newly emerging FASB and regulatory requirements.
- Managing the preparation of the financial statement footnotes and MD&A for the firm’s Annual Report and the preparation of Form 10-K and Form 10-Qs
- Assist in gathering information from individual business units to include in the Annual and Quarterly Reports
- Assist in the implementation of the new leasing (ASC 842) standard.
- Assist in the valuation and expense recognition of stock-based compensation
- Provide direct support on various special projects (i.e., analytical review, quarterly accounting updates, etc.)
- Assist in the documentation and testing of internal controls in accordance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act
- BS/BA in Accounting
- CPA and Big 4
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience
Compensation & Benefits:
- $80,000 – $95,000
- Excellent vacation/sick policy