About the Company:
Our client, one of the world’s leading hedge funds ($10B in AUM), is looking to hire a Senior Accountant/Assistant Controller to join a newly built Family Office. This is an opportunity for an outstanding performer and a highly motivated individual to become a key member of the family office team. The hire will be part of the build-out of processes and procedures in the areas of accounting, tax, post-trade operations, cash management, and reporting.
- Maintain the corporate general ledger for the family office investment management company.
- Partner with the accounting teams at investment companies held in joint venture to facilitate proper accounting treatment.
- Oversee books for private foundations and other family office entities.
- Calculation and reconciliation of NAV for the family office investment holding companies.
- Full financial reporting package for the family office investment management company.
- Review federal/state partnership, corporate and composite tax returns (PE and/or Real Estate tax experience a plus)
- Assist with tax-based investment decisions (Qualified Opportunity Zones, 199A, Qualified Small Business Stock, etc).
- Maintain liquidity schedules and provide weekly summaries along with recommendations for cash movement for 40+ bank/brokerage accounts.
- Identify areas for improving efficiency of cash management.
- Performance attribution for the family office investment portfolio as well as individual investments.
- 4-8 Years of experience; public/private Fund experience preferred
- Proven academic record; CPA preferred
- Accounting for investments and funds (PE/HF/RE) required
- Strong analytical skills
Compensation & Benefits:
- $150,000 – $175,000 Total Cash
- Competitive benefits program
- Free Healthcare
- Catered Lunch