About the Company:
Our client, a boutique Hedge Fund located in NYC is looking to hire a Senior Fund Accountant. The fund currently has $500M in AUM and focuses on a Long/Short Equity strategy. The role is very dynamic and is truly a see all do all role. The candidate hired will be responsible for Fund & Management Company Accounting, Operations, Investor Relations and Marketing. This role will report directly into the CFO.
• Monitor trading activities by reviewing reports provided by the fund administrator,
prime broker, and trading counterparties.
• Track and report daily performance.
• Assist with corporate books and records, journal entries, billing and vendor payments.
• Perform monthly NAV close and assist with fund related accruals and valuation of securities.
• Liaise with third-party service providers, including administrators, prime brokers, tax preparers and auditors.
• Prepare various weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports.
• Assist with reviewing audited financial statements and K-1s.
• Participate in and contribute to various special projects and initiatives.
We expect qualified applicants to demonstrate and exemplify the following:
• CPA Licensed.
• 2-3 years of experience in one or more of the following roles in the finance industry: fund
accounting, public accounting, and hedge fund or securities trade operations.
• Relevant product knowledge and sufficient understanding of trade operations.
• Intelligence, dedication, work ethic, initiative, attention to detail.
• Excellent computer and spreadsheet skills.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
Compensation & Benefits:
• $75,000 – 95,000 Base Salary
• 20 – 30% Bonus paid at year end
• Free Benefits
• Unlimited PTO Days
• 401K Match