Network Security Engineer
New York, New York • $90,000-$130,000
About the Company:
Our client is a leading full-service brokerage and investment bank operating on a global scale. The firm provides clients with financial expertise and insight to help achieve their financial goals. This role is a mid to senior engineering position.
- LAN/WAN networking design, engineering, implementation and operational support, involving primarily Cisco routing and switching products
- In addition to Cisco’s networking products, other vendor products include F5 Load Balancers (LTM/GTM), Palo Alto Firewalls, Infoblox DNS, Viptela SDWAN.
- Support various data security products such as firewalls, IPS/IDS systems, etc.
- Work with and support core networking technologies and other disciplines related to data communications for the firm
- Understand and troubleshoot data communication protocol suites such as TCP/IP and other general data networking knowledge such as data cabling, telecom services such as T1/T3/OC3, etc and be able to lead projects
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and resolve network problems with root cause analysis
- 5-10 years of network engineering experience
- In-depth experience with Cisco products
- Strong working knowledge of networking layer 3 technologies, such as routing protocols OSPF and BGP, HSRP, etc.
- Wireshark troubleshooting, experience reading and interpreting packet captures
- Solid understanding of network topologies: routing & switching
- Solid understanding of IP networking (TCP/IP and packet analysis)
- Ability to write technical and operations documentation
- In-depth knowledge of layer 2 technologies, such as Rapid Spanning-Tree and various LAN/WAN mediums
- Pervious experience working in financial services, a plus
- Cisco certification, a plus