About the Company:
Our client is a national real estate investment management firm specializing in rental housing. The firm has roughly $4 billion in total capitalization across nearly 27,000 units, concentrating particularly on acquiring multifamily, student, and senior housing properties. The investment management firm is responsible for acquisitions, development, financing, asset management, accounting, and investor relations. This role will be responsible for the evaluation of all general accounting functions encompassing the review of financial statements, general ledgers as well as preparing journal entries.
- Prepare monthly and year to date financial statements including balance sheet schedules, and bank account and lender statement reconciliations
- Review the general ledger and prepare journal entries for capitalization, depreciation, amortization, reclassifications, accruals, and other types of entries.
- Prepare variance analysis and include the review of any internal operational or third party prepared reports.
- Work hand-in-hand with Property managers, Regional managers, and Asset Managers, Development and Acquisition professionals to ensure accounting information accurately and completely reflects property activity in accordance with GAAP and company policies.
- Assist auditors in performing year-end audits of financial statements
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance
- 2-6 years in similar property accounting role
- GAAP, general ledger, AP/AR, and general accounting experience
- Yardi proficiency
- Strong cash management, forecasting and planning experience
- Ability to read, interpret and present financial statements
$65,000 – $85,000