About the Company:
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of New York’s fastest growing e-commerce pet startups. This start-up has hired best-in-class professionals due to their rapid growth and creative business model.
To date, this company has raised over $80 million across four funding rounds from some of New York’s most well-known investors.
They are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join their rapidly growing Finance Team. You will have the opportunity to cover multiple different areas working with C-Level Executives on a day to day as well as the founders of the company!
- Prepare quarterly tax provisions in accordance with GAAP
- Drive US and international sales tax compliance, including managing existing and future sales and use tax registrations, overseeing sales and use tax filings, and performing regular review of use tax compliance
- Manage, investigate and resolve any tax authority notifications, domestic and international
- Manage income filings — all federal and state income tax filings, including overseeing the calculation of the provision, developing processes to calculate and reconcile deferred tax assets and liabilities, and ensuring timely filing and payment of all extensions and returns.
- Monitor future tax legislation, research the impact on the Company’s financial position, and work with Controller and external partners to advise on the best position to optimize tax planning
- Design and implement controls to ensure the Company’s tax liabilities and financial statements are accurate and in compliance with local and state laws as well as GAAP
- Become the go-to tax person, acting as the internal and external point of contact for all tax-related inquiries and analysis
- Lead continuous process improvements and integration of various aspects of the tax function to achieve optimal efficiency, effective controls, and quality
- Plan and execute global tax strategies in compliance with regulations
- 8 to 10 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting, private industry or both
- Experience with Quarterly & Annual Tax Provision Process
- Experience with preparing and filing US sales tax returns
- Experience identifying and implementing international sales tax compliance and
- Experience working with NetSuite, a plus
- Education: BS accounting preferred;
- CPA required
- Demonstrated writing skills a must; proposal development experience desired
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Strong tax research and writing skills
- Strong accounting and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in Tax software, Excel and Word
Compensation & Benefits:
- $140,000 – $150,000, 401K Match
- Equity in Pre-IPO Company
- Free benefits program
- Free pet insurance