About the Company:
Boutique public accounting firm with offices in New York City and Long island is seeking a Senior Tax Manager for their Long Island office. Well established firm with a diverse client base, including Construction companies, entertainment professionals, real estate investors, etc.
- Review Corporate, Individual, Partnership and light Trust tax returns and ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Research complex tax issues using internal revenue code, treasury regulations and other relevant authorities/guidance.
- Draft tax technical memorandums.
- Serve as the Engagement Manager on specific client accounts, taking responsibility for pre-engagement planning, execution, and final deliverable development.
- Provide regular performance feedback as well as deliver timely performance evaluations.
- Develop subordinates’ technical and industry skills and encourage growth.
- Identify opportunities to expand the scope of current engagements through identification of current client needs and target client requirements.
- Education: BS/BA accounting preferred, CPA required
- 8+ years tax experience in a public accounting; real estate and hospitality experience preferred
- Demonstrated management skills.
- Strong tax research and writing skills
- Proven competence with MS Office and tax compliance and research software
Compensation & Benefits:
- $145,000 – $175,000, commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefit and vacation package