About the Company:
Our client, a top REIT based in NYC is looking for a motivated staff accountant.
• Assist various members of the accounting group with ad hoc account analyses and reporting requests
• Record recurring monthly and quarterly journal entries for various processes.
• Prepare variance analysis and detailed commentary for income statement and balance sheet accounts.
• Analyze intercompany and related-party transactions and perform supporting reconciliations
• Assist in preparing supporting schedules for auditors and responding to audit inquiries
• Analyze and prepare journal entries for certain transactions
• Assist in the quarter end close and consolidation process
• BS/BA in Accounting; Masters and/or CPA a plus
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and organization skills
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Highly motivated and goal oriented
• Ability to work well in a team setting
• Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient computer skills, advanced Microsoft Excel
Compensation & Benefits:
- $50,000 – $65,000 Base Salary
- Competitive Year-end Bonus
- 401K with generous Match
- Free Benefits
- Gym onsite