About the Company:
Our client, one of the world’s leading investment firms. They seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. They do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with over half a trillion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis.
- The Tax Associate will provide domestic and international tax compliance and reporting support for the firms Private Equity Funds. This individual will help implement best practices for compliance and reporting as well as:
- Compiling and reviewing tax data for federal and multi-state tax return & Schedule K-1 preparation – both partnership and corporations
- Gathering and analyzing financial information from underlying portfolio companies to determine the appropriate tax treatment.
- Performing and reviewing tax allocations of partnership income
- Performing and reviewing tax provisions for blocker corporations
- Researching and determining tax treatment of complex domestic and foreign tax issues.
- Consulting with tax advisors to ensure proper accounting of transactions.
- Identifying and performing/reviewing state withholding tax requirements relating to state income allocation to nonresident recipients.
- Identifying and performing/reviewing US withholding tax requirements relating to income allocations to foreign and tax-exempt recipients.
- Responding to Limited Partners’ tax inquiries or ad-hoc requests.
- Responding to tax authority requests & notices.
- Reviewing FATCA and CRS reporting.
- Supporting Finance team & liaising with other business units, as needed
- 4+ years of Big 4 tax experience in private equity, investment partnership, or fund-of-fund.
- CPA or graduate degree preferred.
- Must have relevant tax experience with a concentration in domestic partnerships.
- Corporate tax experience is a plus.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work with complex data to drive decision-making.
- Ability to produce timely and accurate records, with an emphasis on the importance of supporting work paper documentation.
- Highly organized and proactive, with follow-through on commitments.
- Strong work ethic, responsiveness and passion for customer service and quality.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic culture, with the ability to take initiative and be hands-on.
- Effective verbal and written communicator.
- Excellent team player and good interpersonal skills
Compensation & Benefits:
- $80,000 – $115,000 Base Salary
- Competitive Bonus
- Future Potential for Stock Compensation
- 25 Vacation Days
- 401k with generous Match
- Free Breakfast, Free Lunch
- 6 Months Maternity Leave