About the Company:
Our client is an independent publicly traded REIT with portfolios in residential securities, mortgage servicing-related assets, loans, and properties. The Tax Senior Associate will be responsible for assisting the tax team with respect to tax provision preparation, tax compliance, and tax accounting for financial instruments.
- Prepare interim and annual income tax provisions, including supporting work papers
- Prepare quarterly and annual REIT tests
- Effectively coordinate and communicate with external tax advisors regarding U.S. federal and SALT tax compliance, including Forms 1120-REIT, 1120, 1065, and consolidated returns
- Prepare federal tax work papers to be used in the preparation of income tax returns and review apportionment
- Manage tax extension payments and quarterly estimates.
- Provide support for tax audits and respond to notices and inquiries from various taxing jurisdictions
- Collaborate with internal accounting, business, and legal teams for ad-hoc requests
- Assist with other income tax-related projects, including REIT planning, MD&A, and restructuring
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years of experience in public accounting
- Experience with tax provisions and corporate tax compliance
- Strong technical knowledge related to the preparation of US federal and state income tax returns